Wednesday, April 29, 2009

In Honor of Grandpapa

Tuesday would have been Papa's 86th birthday.  I posted about it here.
To honor his Birthday the girls and I wrote him special messages and sent them up on a birthday balloon. Kylie had been looking forward to his birthday for awhile- knowing that we were going to do something special to remember him.



Then today we planted roses, Papa's favorite flower.  The girls (mainly Allyson) had a lot of fun playing in the water and dirt. Kylie was into the whole reason of planting the flowers and Brynnah was just happy to be outside.  Except for the bright sun! She didn't like that much. Neither did the other girls but we whipped out some sunglasses and all was well.






It was a nice day to remember Papa and what he meant to us.

2 comments:

TJ Eich said...

What a fantastic idea! I love it. So sweet. :)

monica said...

Very sweet. He was diffently smiling upon you guys on that day! Love the sunglasses~ they look great!