Sunday, April 26, 2009

Everything Changes


Allyson joined dance class in January and every time we go it's a fight.  She screams and yells, "I don't want to go!"  It usually starts before we even get out of the car.  She loves it once she gets in the class.  She is so proud of herself once she is done but it doesn't matter she still screams the following week at dance time.  The teachers are so great, in the beginning they convinced me that she would be okay. I was so worried about leaving her and then I realized that it was okay and she would be okay - she stops crying within seconds of me leaving.  I was worried about this past week because the week before was visitors week and Jacob and I got to sit in while she danced which she really liked so I thought for sure the last week she was going to have a hard time when we couldn't sit in the classroom.

However it was quite the opposite. She looked at Jacob and I and said "Goodbye" and off she went into her classroom all my herself! No crying, no fits just "goodbye Mommy and Daddy." I was so happy and relieved!  Well at first, then I was sad because I know that in that instant I lost a part of my little girl that I will never get back. She is growing up so fast and now I want to cry!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't belive she's as old as Kylie was when we met! Time goes so fast!

Lady Di said...

What a big girl!! I know time flies, I was just thinking about that today with Aubree as a matter of fact.

monica said...

That is great! I am so proud of her. She looks so cute in her dancing outfit! I know she is growing up so fast.

Chris, Becca, Abby and Jocelyn said...

Yeah Al! What a cutie:) We missy you guys!