I love artichokes! I saw some at the grocery store the other day and was so excited. I remember eating them all the time as a kid. I purchased a few, brought them home with the full knowledge that no one but me would be enjoying them. Jacob does not like them, he says that they are too hard to eat and a pure waste of time. Also, that if I am going to eat mayonaise by the spoonful I might as well use a spoon. Just for the record - I don't use my artichoke leaves as a spoon for mayonaise! So to avoid comments from my dearly beloved, I waited until Jacob was in town one evening and I enjoyed my artichoke with just the company of Kylie. She thinks they look a little strange and it didn't matter how hard I tried I couldn't get her to try it, go figure!Anyway, as I was eating my artichoke I remembered a little story from college that always makes me laugh and thought I would share it:
I had only known Jacob a little while and already thought he was a little odd. But after this incident I really thought he was weird. All our college friends used to get together on the weekends and BBQ. One weekend all of us girls were making dinner and artichokes were part of the menu. Jacob asked if he could help ( he just wanted to be near me )and I said, sure - and asked him to cut and wash the artichokes? I just told him to cut off the stem and a little off the top and went on with whatever I was doing at the time. After awhile I thought to myself that it was sure taking him a long time to get them ready so I looked over to see how he was doing and saw him with the dish detergent in his hand! I asked him what he was doing and he said that I told him to wash the artichokes. He was literally washing the artichokes with soap and water. Too funny! Sorry Jacob, I just love that story and had to share. That was just one of many. Hope it makes you chuckle like it does me.
No comments:
Post a Comment