Monday, February 16, 2009

Sometimes Bad Just Happens

I have been dreading this post but know that I need to do it.  We have had some tough times, first my Papa's passing in October then last week my other Grandpa passed away.  I loved him and will miss him tremendously.  I have so many wonderful childhood memories that I will always cherish. 

Then Jacob and I went in on Thursday for our ultrasound and got some more bad news: the baby had no heartbeat and was underdeveloped.  I was scheduled for surgery today but my body decided that it couldn't wait and after a very long night, I had the surgery Sunday morning. I won't lie it has been rough physically and emotionally but I am very blessed to be surrounded by such a wonderful support system.  Jacob and my Mom have been awesome, I don't know what I would do without them.  My Mom didn't sign up for this (it was supposed to be a relaxing visit) but we are so thankful that she is here to help us through.  Thank you to Chris and Ashley for everything - you are a blessing and we love you guys.  Thank you to Barbara, we love you so much and you are always there for us no matter the time.  Everyone at the hospital was so compassionate and my doctor was just wonderful, she takes such good care of me.  It really helped me to feel like everyone truly cared and I was not just another patient.   Thank you to all our family and friends that have called with there condolences and prayed for us, we are truly grateful.  We feel so blessed and know that we will get through this too.

I wish that this had been a happy post but sometimes bad just happens and we have to push through it. I know that with Heavenly Fathers help we will get through these tough times and He will take care of us.  Jacob and I are glad that this weekend is over and now we can move forward and begin to heal.

6 comments:

Daniel and Shannon said...

I just want to cry for you. I am so very sorry to hear of all your sad news. Just remember out of something bad always comes something good. I hope that you will feel better soon. We send our love!

monica said...

I am sorry. I am hiping that something good will come your way soon you have had a bad few months. Love you always!

Chris, Becca, Abby and Jocelyn said...

Amy,
ugh...you said it best with "sometimes bad just happens". Hang in there. We've been thinking of you and your family. Sunny days are ahead. We hope to see you soon.
Love,
Becca, Chris and Abby

Ashley said...

Oh Amy, I am so terribly sorry. Like I said, sometimes we don't know what were made of until we have to prove it. I am so proud of you and how you have handled your trials. I am so glad your mom is there. If you need anything let me know. I pray for Heavenly Father to wrap you in his arms and comfort you.

Martin Family said...

Oh I am SO sorry for the all of you. My heart sank when I read of your sadness. It's hard to believe in the statement 'everything happens for a reason.'
I hope you enjoy this birthday to fullest. Give the girls a big hug from the Martins and big birthday hug for you!!!

lofgreenlegacy said...

I Amy...I'm so sorry for your loss and what you have gone through. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I truly hope that things start to look up for you guys.