Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Miss You, Papa



As you may have noticed I have not posted in awhile, a weekend trip to California turned into a two week long emotional roller coaster ride, as we watched my Papa leave this world to join his daughter and other family in Heaven.

My beloved Grandfather passed away just a week ago today and I miss him immensely. I walked in my house late last night and saw my husbands house slippers, a gift from my grandparents and the same ones my Papa wore, and burst into tears realizing that my Papa will never walk through my door again.

I am thankful to have had such a wonderful man in my life and feel truly blessed to have been his granddaughter. He was loved by all who knew him and he holds a special place in the hearts of many. He loved children, Kylie named him Grandpapa when she started talking and today as I was posting this picture - Allyson walked by and said, "There's Grandpapa!" Again tears fell. A few days before he passed, he was having a good day and I took Brynnah in to see him and his face just lit up and he clapped his hands to play with her. I am deeply saddened that my children will not know him as I did but feel comforted that he looks down on them from above.

Papa - I miss you so much! I love you! I feel you all around me, I close my eyes and I can see you standing before me as if you are really there.

5 comments:

TJ Eich said...

Oh, Amy, I'm so sorry. I wish I was there to give you a BIG hug. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers. God be with you 'til you meet again.

monica said...

I have tears in my eyes again just thinking about him and what he meant to all of us. Everything reminds me of him. That is a great picture of him! Love you!

Ashley said...

I am so sorry. I know how difficult this has been for you, but you have handled it so well. We love you! We are here if you need anything.

lofgreenlegacy said...

Amy, I know how hard it is to lose someone so close to you and am really sorry for your loss. Please let me know if you need anything.

Renee Ward said...

Amy I am SO sorry for your loss. I wish I could hug you! It will take some time but it will get better, my Grandpa passed away 5 years ago now. He suffered from brain cancer, he died peacefully in his sleep by us. I will never forget him and tears to this day still fall but I believe they are out of happy times I spent with him. Trust me you will never forget. I dream about my Grandpa every now and again, it's almost like I can talk to him, it's weird but I enjoy those times:)